I saw an excellent article on the Office blog and thought I would repost for all you guys who have SA benefits to put to good use, this article focuses on DDPS and has some great info, as a side note, for those of you with extra training vouchers, you can also convert those to extra xDPS days………..
Got Software Assurance? Don’t let your Deployment Planning Services benefit sit on the shelf
If your organization has a Volume License agreement with Microsoft, there’s a good chance you’ve also got Software Assurance with its collection of benefits, including Deployment and Business Planning Services. In case you don’t know, Planning Services, one of several benefits of Software Assurance, provides you with Microsoft Consultant or Partner with expertise on Microsoft Office, Windows 7, SharePoint, Exchange and Lync to help you plan or pilot a deployment. Imagine, expertise to help your deployment planning with no impact to your budget.
Each Planning Services offers a variety of consulting engagements that provide value to organizations of all sizes, based on years of experience working with customers on complex deployments. You select the type and length of engagement, based on your planning needs and the number of days you have available. Say you have 10 days available. You can use them for a 5-day engagement on Office and then later use your remaining days for an engagement for Exchange and Lync planning. Or use three days for a Jumpstart Lite Proof of Concept to pilot Office and Windows. Use them the way it makes sense for your organization. But don’t let them sit on the shelf.
Here’s a few ways you can use your Planning Services:
• Plan your migration to Microsoft Office 2010 and Windows 7 with Desktop Deployment Planning Services (DDPS) to help you evaluate your environment, identify opportunities, and plan a successful transition to the latest Microsoft Office platform.
• Use DDPS for your Windows 7 and Office 2010 Proof of Concept Jumpstart. Start evaluating technologies and assess the readiness of your desktop infrastructure. Get help with your application compatibility assessment, image engineering and PoC deployment.
• Explore how your organization can use SharePoint to improve team collaboration with SharePoint Deployment Planning Services (SDPS).
• Discover how migrating to Exchange 2010 and Lync can help your organization be more productive with Exchange Deployment Planning Services (EDPS).
• Want to explore how your organization can use technology to be more efficient? Business Value Planning Services (BVPS) can help you identify ways to take the technology you have and put it to work.
Visit the Volume Licensing Service Center to activate your Planning Service and get started today.
Check out these SA resources:
• Software Assurance Quick Start Guide
• Getting Started with Volume Licensing Video